Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm Happy At Chelsea, Didier Drogba Tells Marseille


The Ivorian has poured some cold water on the suggestions that he could be swapping west London for a return to Provence...

10 June 2009
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba was recently rumoured to be considering a return to French football by joining Olympique de Marseille, a club which occupies a central place in his affections, apparently.

However, it now looks as though the centre-forward, who endured a troubled season at Stamford Bridge until Guus Hiddink replaced Luiz Felipe Scolari as manager, will be remaining with the Blues, who are reported to have offered him a lucrative contract extension.

"I am a bit tired of speaking about my future. I already did on many occasions. I am good at Chelsea," the Ivory Coast international told French newspaper Le Parisien.
"I hope that Ancelotti will help us win titles, this is the reason why he has been appointed. Everybody knows his trophy room is full, as a player and as a manager."

Drogba also revealed that he was still in regulatr contact with Marseille, whom he felt would have made a concrete offer by now, were they really interested in him making a return to the club.


"I've never hidden the fact that I liked Marseille, even before I played for them," he added.

"We call each other, Marseille sporting director Jose Anigo sometimes, to be in touch. If Marseille want me, their bosses should talk to those at Chelsea. But today it's not on the cards."

A variety of British media outlets have reported the striker to be on the verge of signing a new three-year contract, with new Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti reluctant to release Drogba, despite the reports that he had embarrassed the club's hierarchy with his post-game rant to live TV cameras after Chelsea's Champions League semi-final exit to Barcelona
-www.goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment